Make a Complaint?

If you have a complaint or concern about the service you have received from the Doctors or any of the staff working in this practice, please inform us. We operate a practice complaint procedure as part of a NHS system for dealing with complaints and our complaints system meets national criteria.

What can we do to help?
We hope that most problems can be sorted out easily and quickly, often at the time they arise with the person concerned. If your problem cannot be sorted out in this way and you wish to make a complaint, we would like you to inform us as soon as possible – ideally within a matter of days or at most weeks – because this will enable us to establish what happened more easily. If it is not possible to do that, please let us have details of your complaint:

  • Within six months of the incident that caused the problem
  • Within six months of discovering that you have a problem, provided this is within 12 months of the incident. However, this time limit can be waived if there are good reasons why you could not complain sooner.
  • Concerns should be addressed to the Practice Manager or to the Doctor concerned

What will we do?
We will acknowledge your complaint within two working days and aim to have looked into your concerns within ten working days of the date you raised it with us. We shall then be in a position to offer you an explanation, or a meeting with the people involved.
When we look into your complaint, we will aim to:

  • Find out what happened and what went wrong.
  • Make it possible for you to discuss the problem with those concerned, if you would like to do this.
  • Where appropriate, make sure that you receive an apology.
  • Identify what we can do to make sure the problem doesn’t happen again.
  • Let you know what else we can do if you remain unhappy with the outcome of our investigation.

Taking a matter up on behalf of another patient.
If you are complaining on behalf of someone else, we will need a signed note from the patient giving their consent, unless they are incapable (because of illness) of providing this written consent.

Who else can help?
If you remain dissatisfied with the results of our investigation you may contact:

Healthcare Commission
Address: FREEPOST NAT 18958, Complaints Investigation Team, Manchester, M1 9XZ
Telephone: 0845 601 3012

NHS England
Address: PO Box 16738, Reddich, B97 9PT.
Telephone: 0300 3112233 (Monday to Friday 8am-6pm)

Health Service Ombudsman
If it has not been possible to reach a satisfactory conclusion following an application for Independent Review, you have the right to contact the Health Service Ombudsman. The Ombudsman is completely independent of both the NHS and of the Government:
The Health Service Ombudsman for England
Address: 11th Floor, Millbank Tower, Millbank, London, SW1P 4QP
Telephone: 0845 015 4033,

Independent Complaints Advocacy Service (ICAS)
If you need assistance in making a complaint you can contact ICAS. ICAS is a free National Independent Complaints Advocacy Service.
Address: East Midlands ICAS, Unit 2.1, Clarendon Business Park, Clumber Avenue, Nottingham, NG5 1AH
Telephone: 0845 650 0088